1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
We may collect some or all of the following:
Name, Address, Mobile or Landline Telephone number, Email address, Job Title and Company Name.
2. Who are we?
Wales Quality Centre (WQC) is the data controller (contact details below). This means that it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
WQC complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To keep you up to date with the latest professional Training news, events and developments
- To maintain our data records
- To deliver a contract with you
- To tell you about our products and services that we think you might be interested in.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Contract: Processing is required in order to successfully deliver a contract with you, on behalf of a client, or to take steps to enter into a contract.
- Legitimate interest: We believe that you may benefit in being contacted by us with industry news and information about products and services from WQC and you have previously been contacted by us, with the option to ‘unsubscribe’ consistently for at least 12 months.
- Consent: You have given your consent by subscribing via email.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be shared outside of Wales Quality Centre.
6. How long do we keep your personal data
We keep your personal data for:
- Clients and Suppliers: 7 years after the cessation of work in case of any accounts or tax queries
- Non-clients: until consent is withdrawn. This can easily be done by clicking the unsubscribe link on every email sent or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption you have the following rights with respect to your personal
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which WQC holds
- The right to request that WQC corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for WQC to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time if no other legitimate reason for processing exists;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data when processing is based on legitimate interest and direct marketing.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Transfer of Data Abroad
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation set out in section 2.0. All 2 of these third parties are based in the USA and are EU-U.S Privacy Shield compliant.
9. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this GDPR notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.