TRAINING & EVENTS
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Managing Accidents and Investigations
This practical one-day Managing Accidents & Investigations course will help delegates understand the importance of taking appropriate remedial and preventative actions following accidents and incidents which have been reinforced by the Corporate Manslaughter Act 2007.
What you will gain
- how to investigate accidents
- why investigation must be carried out
- exploring the need for recording information on and the reporting of accidents in connection with the legal requirements of RIDDOR (The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995).
Who should attend?
This Managing Accidents & Investigations course is aimed at those who are expected to contribute to accident investigations. It is relevant to people at all levels – from senior managers to employees and their representatives.
The one-day programme provides sound techniques which can be incorporated into an organisation’s procedures to make accident investigation more structured and consistent.
Benefits of attending:
By completing this course, delegates will:
- Understand the legal requirements for recording and reporting accidents
- Improve relationships with enforcing authorities and insurers
- Understand the financial benefits of accident prevention
- Improve worker morale, leading to greater productivity and profitability.
- Learn accident investigation techniques
- Acquire interviewing techniques
- Gain the ability to suggest recommendations based on relevant information
This training course can be tailored to include details of your company-specific materials and if desired previous company related case studies. In this case, our health and safety consultant will require details of your system and sample forms for inclusion prior to the course.
Wales Quality Centre Certificates will be provided for this training.
This training can also be delivered in house contact us for details.
Members: £235 + VAT
Non-Members: £295 + VAT