TRAINING & EVENTS
Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA)
Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) enables companies to reduce the risk of failure occurrence by anticipating and preventing defects in manufacture/processes.
Companies supplying the automotive industry, or seeking compliance and registration to ISO/TS 16949, are required to use FMEA techniques to achieve product assurance, but the techniques are equally applicable to all other market sectors.
This interactive and practical course will provide delegates with a basic knowledge of the FMEA methodology, how to apply it to product and process design, and demonstrates how the results of the FMEA are used to define the requirements for:
- An effective product validation plan
- An effective control plan for the manufacturing process.
What you will gain
Through the combination of interactive tutorials and workshops, our course will enable the delegates to:
- Produce an FMEA
- Fit an FMEA into the overall production and process design
- Communicate why the FMEA should be regularly updated
- Understand the business need for process FMEA
- Use FMEA methodology defining the:
- Customer’s expectations and requirements
- Potential failure modes, consequences of failure
- Methods of detection and prevention
- Evaluating the “risk” and prioritising areas for improvement
- Implementing corrective actions in process design
Who Should Attend?
- Manufacturing and engineering managers who need to improve manufacturing capability, predict initial product yield and improve cross-functional technical communications.
- Quality/Reliability managers and engineers who want to facilitate an awareness and application of these tools within their organization.
- Process engineers who will be involved in formulating the manufacturing Control Plan.
Wales Quality Centre Certificates will be provided for this training.
This training can also be delivered in house contact us for details.
Members: £235 + VAT
Non-Members: £295 + VAT