TRAINING & EVENTS
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
Process Control (AS13006)
This 2-day workshop introduces SPC as a key tool which can be used to achieve quality improvements by providing a structured approach to monitoring and improving process control. Traditionally, quality management has been detection-oriented, inspecting product at the end of the manufacturing process. SPC focuses on taking a prevention-oriented approach, namely studying the process (rather than its products) and responding to unusual process behaviour as it happens. This agility of response enables a process to be kept under control and on target, thereby avoiding the costly waste that traditional approaches typically incur.
Participants will learn how to construct and interpret control charts and develop their understanding of why the control chart is the best tool to keep a process under control. The course also covers the link from SPC to process capability and, again, covers the ‘how to do it’ and ‘how does it work’ aspects of the subject. The training format includes discussion and exercises and focuses on developing a working understanding of the principles required. The calculations can be carried out quickly and easily with software such as Excel, but a basic level of mathematics (to calculate different measures of average, for example) is desirable.
What you will gain
- Support attendees to meet industry requirements by developing competencies and action plans for implementation of best practice FMEA.
- Understand the importance of a strong design input to the Process FMEA, and a manufacturing engineering input to the Design FMEA.
- Practise the detailed steps to follow when conducting an end to end Design & Process FMEA analysis.
- Develop confidence in using the FMEA methodology to assess and prioritise risks in order to eliminate, reduce and control potential failures.
- Understand how FMEA links with other quality tools.
Wales Quality Centre Certificates will be provided for this training.
This training can also be delivered in house contact us for details.
The Waterton Centre, Waterton Estate, Waterton, Bridgend CF31 3WT
Tel : +44 (0) 1656 652 063
Email : email@example.com
Other Aerospace Related Training
APQP & PPAP
Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis
First Article Inspection