The mission of the Wales Quality Centre is to support organisations in Wales from all sectors, to reach their potential and achieve a viable and sustainable future.
Our objectives are to:
- Promote Skills and development Training;
- Help organisations achieve International Standards for Management Systems
- Match the current and future needs of business with Improvement Programmes
- Enable Growth through Training and Development
- Develop a Competency Framework, supported by a comprehensive training programme
- Signpost and promote Good Practice
- Promote Innovation and Creativity across all sectors
- Identify and celebrate success, through the Business Excellence Model
- Work in partnership providing Advice, Guidance and Mentoring
- Grow our Membership
- Provide an Independent Voice for Welsh Business
The Wales quality Centre is a “not for profit” registered charity with a mission to promote continuous improvement in Wales. Founded by Vincent Kane OBE, a well-known broadcaster and Journalist, who was invited by the then Department of Trade and Industry to present the UK National Quality Campaign during the 1980s and early 1990s. The Wales Quality Centre was launched in 1988 and has been campaigning and training on Quality, Management Systems, Business Improvement and the use of the Business Excellence Model for the past twenty years.